In the modern era, when the space you occupy has become so precious, it is necessary to search for and implement the best space-saving ideas for your homes. Today, the condos and studio apartments are a growing trend. A 3/4 bath or a three-quarter bathroom is a useful concept for modern homes to make the most effective utilization of the available space.
Table of Contents
- Meaning of a 3/4 bath:
- Practical benefits of a 3/4 bath:
- Rearranging and organizing your existing ¾ bath:
- I) Shower enclosure:
- II) Stylish shower system:
- III) Storage solution near your shower:
- IV) Bathroom Sink or Washbasin:
- V) Storage solutions to optimize space
- VI) Store your bath essentials in style
- VII) Keeping your makeup kit handy
Meaning of a 3/4 bath:
Generally, your bathroom is the part of your homes where you can perform a variety of tasks related to personal hygiene and care. A 3/4 bath or a three-quarter bathroom has a shower, commode, and wash-basin or sink, but doesn’t have a bathtub. Thus, it accommodates the major functional features in a bathroom in the least possible space.
In the real estate industry, the number and types of bathrooms in the home you are planning to buy or sell is a significant factor in terms of amenities. There is a simple ‘bathroom math’ applied to determine the type of bathrooms.
The sink, shower, toilet and tub count as a quarter each of the bathrooms. Here, the bathtub is eliminated from the arrangement. So, such a bathroom is called a 3/4 bath or a three-quarter bathroom. Practically, the water-bearing features in your bathroom are counted. As this kind of bathroom has 3 out of 4 important features, it is known as a 3/4 bath.
Practical benefits of a 3/4 bath:
Having such a bathroom is advantageous in many ways. Let us know the benefits of having a 3/4 bath:
The 3/4 bath saves you ample of space without cutting off the functional features of your bathroom. A bathtub requires a considerable amount of space and with a stall shower, anyway, you can have an enjoyable bathing experience. The overall area required for a bathroom set-up would reduce drastically when you go for a 3/4 bath.
Lowers your investment:
Today, when space has become so precious, the ¾ bath is gaining popularity as it minimizes your overall investment while buying or constructing a new home, or purchasing a used property. A bathtub could be a costly affair itself. Again, to install it you need to invest your space from the bathroom and pay the service charges too.
You can think of constructing two master bedrooms with attached 3/4 baths instead of one with a full bath. This adds amenities in a similar investment. You can consider this factor even while buying a used property.
Easy to maintain:
As your 3/4 bath would be considerably smaller than a full bath; it would be easy to maintain. The regular cleaning activities, repair, and maintenance of the installations, wall tiles, flooring, and plumbing system would be easier without a bathtub.
Sometimes, bathtubs harm the overall aesthetic appeal of the bathrooms, if the color, shape, and size don’t compliment the other features. You can get stylish and fabulous showers, shower enclosures, sinks, and commodes at your fingertips. In a 3/4 bath, you can rearrange the water-bearing features conveniently to attain the expected looks. It would improve the value of your entire property as well.
If you already have a bathtub, it is advisable not to remove it just to get a better aesthetic appeal. Removal of bathtub is a tedious, time-consuming and costly affair. If you don’t have a bathtub, then it would be better to think twice before installing it.
The professional architects design a 3/4 bath to be spacious for available three water-bearing features. The bathroom would become congested if you add a bathtub.
Check out: Bathroom door ideas
Rearranging and organizing your existing ¾ bath:
Your bathrooms are the most important spaces in your homes; as you get ready for the day in the mornings here. When the ¾ bath is well-organized, it adds to your efficiency and also makes you feel relaxed as all the things would be in place while using various parts of your ¾ bath.
Some tips to rearrange your ¾ bath:
- You can think of adding a complete mirror wall in your ¾ bath to enhance the aesthetic appeal.
- A wall-mounted toilet can save you floor space and legroom.
- Arrange both fixed stall showers and hand showers with flexible hoses. This provides great bathing experiences even in considerably smaller floor space.
- Avoid shower curtains as they cover a large part of your ¾ bath visually and obstruct you during your shower. Instead, you can think of frameless shower doors or shower enclosures.
- Avoid curbs on shower flooring. This creates a seamless and continuous look. This is ideal for your ¾ baths as the floor area is considerably less.
- Wall-mounted sinks can save you space. Again, if you have a counter, you can go for sleek basins and utilize the under-sink space for storage.
- Over-the-toilet racks and cabinets help you to optimize the space. Usually, this space in your ¾ bath may remain unused.
- Instead of swinging doors that eat up space, prefer pocket doors that open along the wall. The pocket doors save space and complement the décor for your three-quarter bathroom.
- Make a contrasting color combination for floor and walls for best aesthetic appeal in your smaller ¾ baths.
- Adding an accent wall with a different, bright texture and color would enhance the elegance of your three-quarter bathroom for sure.
Organizing your ¾ bath is never a tough task if you follow certain ideas and solutions. Let us try to figure out the most effective ideas to rearrange and organize your ¾ bath:
I) Shower enclosure:
You must be passionate about making your shower an elegant place. This beautiful shower enclosure makes your ¾ bath a truly luxurious place through its splendid appearance. You can separate the space for shower and keep the rest of the floor dry installing this shower enclosure in your ¾ bath.
- This is a spacious shower enclosure with a walk-in opening of two feet.
- This is made of premium-quality 10 mm thick tempered glass and classy hardware of Oil Rubbed Bronze finish, ensuring spectacular appearance.
- The wall profile allows one-inch out-of-plumb.
- Complimenting aesthetics through glass shelves and matching shower base.
- You can customize the single door for right or left side opening.
- The detailed assembly guide is expected along with the package.
- Professional assembly involving technicians attracts extra cost.
II) Stylish shower system:
Add glamor to your bathing experience through this exquisite shower. This is a stylish shower set available in most attractive Brushed Gold and Matt Black colors. The sleek and easy to operate controls add to your pleasure of bathing too.
- This shower set includes a rain shower head in square shape and a handled shower head too.
- The plumbing connections are designed considering U.S. standards.
- You can attain a consistent rain shower through unique water injection technology.
- The ceramic disc cartridge ensures trouble-free and smooth operation for years to come.
- Single lever control for easy flow and temperature control.
- It is advisable to have a water softener, as the shower hole is too small.
- During assembly, it requires a thick layer of Teflon tape, as the size of the plumbing fitting is not exactly ½”.
III) Storage solution near your shower:
This bathroom caddy is a fantastic storage solution as you can stack regularly used items such as your shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner conveniently adjacent to the shower. This helps you to keep the most frequently used toiletries handy.
- The bathroom caddy is made of food-grade 304 stainless-steel. So, it is durable.
- You can quickly install it through the large-sized adhesive with three hooks. So, you don’t require drilling and damaging the walls.
- You can simply peel off the cover and stick it to the ¾ bath wall wherever you need.
- Excellent aesthetic appearance.
- It has four stainless-steel hooks and the railing to accommodate various small-sized items.
- It cannot be reused after removal from the wall.
- The product can be made a bit sturdier for added stability and durability.
This is another excellent storage solution you can have hung on your shower. This over-the-shower caddy helps you to utilize unused space in the three-quarter bathroom. You can have an easily accessible place to store your bathing essentials.
- This over-the-shower caddy is durable and rust-proof.
- The set of 4 baskets slides outwards. Thus, you can store large-sized bottles conveniently.
- You can use these customizable baskets along with the shower hoses.
- The non-slip collar fits over the shower pipe firmly.
- You get many hooks and razor holders for easy hanging.
- Some buyers are not happy with the material quality.
- The suction cups need to be packaged wisely to avoid damage and further difficulties in the assembly.
IV) Bathroom Sink or Washbasin:
This is a simple yet eye-catching design of bathroom sink or washbasin. You can choose from 8 different sizes, as per your priorities and availability of space. The rectangular shape and marvelous shine on this sink provide an indifferent style statement to your ¾ bath for sure.
- The smooth polished surface of this bathroom sink doesn’t allow bacterial growth and ensures complete hygiene.
- The surface is nonporous and durable.
- The design is as per the Uniform Plumbing Code.
- You can quickly install this sink above your counter. So, laborious drilling and alignment for wall-mounting are eliminated.
- It is available in 8 different sizes to suit your space requirements and aesthetic themes.
- The manufacturer offers a 3 months money-back guarantee along with prompt technical support.
- A counter is a must to install this sink.
- The sellers need to offer more options in colors to suit different décor needs.
You can upgrade your bathroom sink with this best-quality bathroom sink faucet. Your three-quarter bathroom gets a unique style statement due to this eye-alluring faucet. It is available in attractive finishes including chrome and brushed nickel.
- Maximized performance assured due to German design and engineering.
- You can choose from 4 different heights, as per your desired comfort zone.
- Added durability due to solid brass construction.
- Better product life and prolonged leak-proof performance due to the ceramic cartridge.
- A lower flow rate of 1.2 GPM and splash-free discharge for added comfort.
- Design improvements expected to facilitate easy discharge of hot and cold water.
- Some users noticed frozen valves internally causing serious trouble and repair.
V) Storage solutions to optimize space
If you wish to make effective use of the space over the toilet, this organizer would be a perfect choice. You can easily install it behind your commode in the three by four bath and stack necessities. This provides elegant storage space for your toilet papers, towels, gels, shampoos, and so on.
- This over-the-toilet rack is made of stainless steel and painted to resist rust. So, it lasts longer without the peeling of paint.
- You can install it with the support of the floor and ceiling with the help of adjustable height pillars.
- The position of the shelves can be adjusted as per your requirements.
- The shelves are spacious enough to accommodate several items.
- Sturdy construction provides a load-bearing capacity of 22 lbs for each shelf.
- Rotating the tension bars at a height of over 6 feet is essential for assembly, which is tedious in the bathroom.
- The shelves need to be sturdier for added durability.
Best Choice Products Wooden Modern Contemporary Over-The-Toilet Space Saver Organization Storage Cabinet
You can have this stylish storage solution for your three-quarter bathroom to accommodate toiletries and other bath essentials conveniently. This over-the-toilet rack looks elegant and saves you a lot of floor space in your 3/4 bath.
- This over-the-toilet organizer is designed to fit over your toilet. It has several shelves to accommodate small to medium-sized bathroom essentials.
- The beadboard back panel and eye-catching finish bring elegance to your three by forth bath.
- It is provided with several adjustable shelves to keep a variety of bath essentials and toiletries in one place.
- Sturdy construction and smooth finish make this product truly durable.
- You can easily assemble it and clean it in a hassle-free manner.
- The sellers need to ensure delivery of the complete package in undamaged condition.
- The quality of the material needs improvement to ensure durability.
Check: Best shower valve
VI) Store your bath essentials in style
You need many small items handy as you use the bathroom sink in the mornings or during any other part of the day. This storage organizer made of sturdy stainless-steel allows you to arrange all the necessities in one place, without compromising the style element.
- The organizer is sturdy and durable.
- The organizer has several slots to keep your toothbrushes and paste and other essentials such as a shaver, comb, sunscreen lotion, and so on.
- The shape of this storage organizer and anti-slip rubber feet make it stable.
- Quality welded joints and many external steel rods facilitate the easy hanging of many items.
- The surface is glossy and easy to clean.
- Some buyers are doubtful about the quality of the material.
- The bottom portion of this organizer may rust due to consistent contact with water.
VII) Keeping your makeup kit handy
360 Lazy Susan Makeup Organizer, Square Bathroom Shelf Revolving Countertop Tower Display Case Cosmetic Storage Holder
Apart from freshening up and bathing in the mornings, the modern-day women would also be eager to wear their makeup immediately. This makeup organizer enables you to keep several makeup essentials in one place, consuming the least possible place. Again, the lazy susan rotates easily and thus you can access the desired item conveniently.
- This revolving cosmetic storage holder accommodates multiple makeup essentials of different shapes and sizes on its cleverly designed shelves.
- The 3600 spinning facility allows you to reach the desired item quickly and without removing any of the stored items on the shelves.
- The shelves are designed to hold various makeup products including brushes, lipstick, nail polishes, eye-liners, and much more. So, it is an ultimate storage solution to keep all the necessities in one place.
- You can install this makeup organizer lazy susan easily.
- It is easy to clean.
- The sellers need to concentrate on the packaging and forwarding of this product so that the buyers get the product in an undamaged condition.
- Some problems in balancing this lazy susan after keeping the items on the shelves are noticed. Significant improvements in the design are expected.
The ¾ bath is a popular concept in the present time, due to enormous advantages. If you consider the features positively, you can make your three-quarter bathroom look fabulous and provide you with complete peace of mind as well. In this article, we have attempted to gather significant information about the rearrangement and organizing of three forth bath.
We are also making to the point product suggestions hand-picking the most appreciated products at the most popular online shopping portal. We believe that our tips and product suggestions would assist you with your passion to make your three by four bath a fantastic part of your homes to get ready for the day.
You can checkout: