Shower valve was first used in the early 19th century. The first designer shower was created by The English Regency.
‘Shower valve’ is one of the unseen essential smart parts of a great shower which plays a huge role in operating the shower works. It mainly performs two basic functions; controls the water temperature and the flow of water in the shower. Also, it maintains the water temperature by mixing hot and cold water in a different proportion from two different supply pipelines.
Here we can recommend best shower valve and best shower valve reviews which will help you in understanding the best brand and model. Some of the best shower valve brand are here.
Looking to buy some bathroom accessories, Kohler K-GP77759 should strike your mind first. It is a pressure compensating valve that reduces the effect of pressure changes.
This Kohler may not look like a regular shower valve, but it is ideal for pressure balancing for ½-inch valves.
Kohler K-GP77759 is compatible with various Rite-Temp shower valves.
For all those valves, you’ll be able to rotate the shower handle effortlessly.
It features a temperature limit stop technology that is extremely useful from the safety point of view. This technology allows you to adjust the shower water temperature based on your choice. Honestly, this kind of technology is missing from other brands.
The installation process is pretty straightforward. All you’ve to do is follow the instructions carefully provided by Kohler. It’s an affordable accessory, but you’ve to spend more bucks on buying Kohler K-304 pressure balance valves and a handle.
Overall, it’s a great shower valve for modern bathrooms.
- Capable of controlling water pressure and temperature.
- Features Temperature Limit Stop Technology.
- Comes with a strong, and corrosion-resistant design.
- It is very easy to install.
- Water temperature may reduce after a while.
Kohler is a popular name in the plumbing industry for many reasons. Let’s talk about KOHLER K-11748-KS-NA Temp Pressure Balancing Valve. This valve comes with a durable brass construction that will last long for many years.
The one-piece diaphragm cartridge design prevents freeze-ups caused by water contamination and dirt.
It’s a Rite-Temp pressure-balancing valve that provides scalding and freezing protection to the users.
Additionally, it features a high-temperature limit stop functionality, which allows you to enjoy the optimal water temperature of your choice.
Thanks to the Universal NPT and direct sweat connections, you don’t need to worry about the installation process.
In terms of specifications, this valve weighs 4.53 pounds and comes with the dimensions of 7 x 7 x 6.5 inches. Overall it’s another popular shower valve for your bathroom.
- It features a high-temperature limit stop technology.
- It has a pressure-balancing diaphragm design.
- A durable brass valve construction.
- Ideal for showerhead and handshower applications.
- A negative review for the cartridge.
Let’s end your search for the best shower diverter valve. This R10000-UNWS 524894 is another amazing plumbing accessory by the brand “Delta.”
The performance of this shower valve is awe-inspiring, which will provide you an exciting and satisfying shower.
In terms of build quality, the valve uses forged brass construction for added strength and firmness. It also delivers heat-resistant abilities. Overall, it’ll last long for extended periods.
This valve is compatible with three or six Delta shower diverter trim kit. Moreover, it comes with a universal fitting that makes it easy to install with your existing plumbing system.
However, you can also update your plumbing system anytime you wish for.
There’s a test cap installed with the valve, allowing you to test 200-psi (air) and 300-psi (water). It’ll enhance the performance of the valve in various situations.
The water flow will be constant, and you don’t need to worry about flow fluctuations. It’s unnecessary to call a plumber to install this shower valve; however, you may require other attachments for a successful installation.
Overall, it’s a fantastic solid shower valve available for buyers.
- Compatible with three or six shower diverter trim kits.
- Universal fitting for enhanced flexibility.
- It can maintain a constant flow rate for a longer time.
- Easy to install without changing the existing plumbing.
- You need to buy additional attachments for installation.
- Mounting design needs improvement.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty shower valve, Moen 2510 is the best available choice. Moen 2510 has a solid brass construction that will not destroy or break even under high water pressure.
You don’t need to think about replacing the valve for many years. Thanks to the M-PACT common valve system, which allows you to use any trim kit anytime without changing the plumbing.
The Moen’s Posi-Temp technology is the key, whose job is to offer a continuous water flow and maintain optimal water temperature. Its 1222 cartridge allows successive installations.
Additionally, the standard 1/2 inch female threaded connection is compatible with almost every standard plumbing system.
The main highlight of Moen 2510 is its limited lifetime warranty against leaks, drips, and finishing defects.
You need to make sure that there is enough space behind the wall, as the size is slightly bigger than average. Overall, it’s a great option that delivers outstanding performance.
- Features a durable and long-lasting brass construction.
- Backed by a lifetime warranty.
- It is compatible with 1/2 IPS connection type.
- The PosiTemp technology regulates water temperature.
- Slightly bigger in size. May be difficult to fit.
Danze D115000BT is a solid entry in the best shower valve for 2020. For more than 20 years, Danze is popularly known for manufacturing kitchen and bathroom tools.
Danze D115000BT comes with a lower and upper disc, responsible for controlling water flow and temperature. This valve uses high-quality ceramic material for added strength and durability.
Additionally, it is effortless to clean and requires minimal maintenance.
Danze D115000BT comes with a high-temperature limit adjustment, which allows you to enjoy the shower with the water temperature of your choice.
If you forgot to adjust the temperature, the scald protection feature would prevent you from getting burnt by hot water. The ceramic material is corrosion-resistant, so if you have a hard water supply at your home, then Danze D115000BT is a great option.
This mixing valve includes a positive control diverter, and ½ inches copper sweat/IPS four-port hookup.
For easy installation, it also features reverse flow adjustments on the front side. Overall, it’s a highly practical shower valve available in the market.
- Features temperature limit adjustment functionality.
- It’s a suitable option for areas with hard water.
- Corrosion-free and durable ceramic material.
- The lower and upper disc controls the water flow rate.
- It may tend to leak over time.
This Pfister 00131XA is a 3-handle shower valve, offering great versatility to the users.
The valve is made from high-quality brass material, which exhibits corrosion-free properties even with hard water. It also comes with 1/2 inch union inlets and 1/2 IP outlets, along with union nuts.
The valve weighs only 1 pound and measures 0.05 x 8 x 10.56 inches.
This 3-handle functional valve not only allows you to adjust the water pressure but also the water temperature.
One can easily switch from cold to hot water supply. Although the installation process is pretty straightforward; however, make sure you have appropriate tools.
Every packet includes instructions regarding installation, which you can follow.
Furthermore, make sure that you have the right components to avoid any compatibility issues.
Buyers will not receive any trim kits or fixtures with their purchase. All you’ll get is a 3-handle shower valve.
However, you don’t need to manipulate your bathroom’s existing plumbing system while installing the new valve. Overall, it’s another cool option for buyers.
Pfister Company has had 100 years of experience with water plumbing products that it is able to provide such a good product. It is a top-quality product which is made of solid brass.
And it also has a lifetime warranty that covers the program’s finish and function. The main product package includes union nuts.
- High-quality metal construction ensures durability.
- It has a 3 hole installation along with ½ Union inlets and ½ I.P. outlets
- It’s a 3-handle shower valve.
- Made from corrosion-free brass material.
- No scope of leakage.
- Covered by a lifetime warranty
- It doesn’t include any additional accessories.
- It is very tough to install
Are you looking to install a flawless showering system in your bathroom?
Delta Faucet R10000-UNBX is a great way to upgrade the style of your bathroom.
In fact, it is the best-selling shower valve available on Amazon.
This shower valve uses durable, corrosion-free, wear-resistant brass construction, which will last for many years. It allows you to upgrade the style of your shower without altering the plumbing system.
This is the best shower valve system of Delta Faucet Company which includes a brand new feature for easy switching of shower functions.
Style of this valve is good and also very easy to install. It accepts single and dual thermostatic cartridge.
We liked the most about Delta R10000-UNBX is its flat back design, which allows you to install the connections easily inside the wall.
Additionally, it uses standard 1/2 inch plumbing threads that will not create any problem with your plumbing. The material used for construction has antibacterial properties that prevent users from airborne infections and diseases.
Thanks to its versatile universal tub design, making it compatible with both single and dual thermostatic cartridge. You need to make sure that you purchase an appropriate cartridge and trim kit.
Fortunately, it supports PEX, IPS, and Universal connection types for enhanced versatility. The installation process is pretty much more relaxed, with instructions included in the package.
However, you may need to call a plumber for soldering tasks. Overall, it’s the best shower valve in 2020.
- No need to change the plumbing system.
- Accepts both single and dual cartridges.
- It features back-to-back installation functionality.
- The antimicrobial properties prevent you from water-borne diseases.
- The flat design makes it easy to install.
- It is a product of durable brass material
- Made from few plastic parts.
This valve prevents any kind of scalding or freezing by perfectly controlling the water temperature. The water temperature can be navigated manually.
- Have the ability to prevent any extreme temperature by perfectly controlling it
- Contains a high-temp limit functionally allows the users to set a maximum hot temperature
- It also allows it from freezing and contamination with its authentic style
- For keeping the right temperature it has an optimum comfort zone function
- The valve trim of KOHLER Pressure-Balancing Valve is separate from the actual valve and must be bought at another time
It comes with its own Moen M-PACT trim kits, which makes it unique from other shower valve brands.
Moen Pressure-Balancing Cycling Shower Valve also has a PosiTemp feature that allows it to properly regulate the temperature of water.
- Comes with ½ inch CC connections and also with ¼ turn stops
- Has the PosiTemp valve for optimal water maintenance and a limited lifetime
- Includes a 1222 cartridge perfect for back-to-back installation
- This product is not very durable.
Grohsafe Pressure Balance Valve is the most efficient and effective valves for family usage. It is very durable and also it works as a protection wall against scalding and freezing.
This ultimate shower valve includes an inbuilt diverter. Also, it has a diaphragm cartridge and checks valves.
- Very durable
- Works as protection against scalding and freezing
- Includes a very efficient temperature control system
- Very nice designs and also has a wide comfort zone for regulation
- It is of a high price.
It is a well-known company in the shower parts industry. They are known for creating well-concealed shower valves. They have several best products available in the market with the mounted design. It is a dual function shower valve.
- Includes a fixed shower head combo with water supply
- It is a product made of ceramic
- Comes with an attractive square and mounted design
- Installation instructions are not very simple and quite hard to understand
Danze Single Handle Thermostatic Shower Valve allows its users to control the water temperature with very sharp precision.
The precision made the product attractive to the customers. This valve can able to deliver a flow rate of 16.6 GPM at 45 lbs/sq inch.
- Have a flow rate of 16.6 gallons
- It has a PSI of 45
- Integrated check valves
- It also has screwdriver stops
- Includes ¾ inch FPI outlets and inlets
- This product is only compatible with Danze 5620 thermostatic trims
- It requires a separate control of water volume
- With a single showerhead, it doesn’t work too well
In the market of shower valves, Kohler is one of the more well-known names. There is an integrated volume control and stops included in the Kohler MasterShower Thermostatic Valve. This volume control makes it easier and more accurate to control the water temperature and flow.
- It features an innovative shuttle design
- The shuttle design allows the valve to give tight precision and accuracy for controlling water temperature
- This shuttle design also features a strong flow rate that can also be controlled
- For allowing the pre-setting of exact temperatures it has a featured thermostatic valve
- It has a standard comfort setting
- Its temperature is default at 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- It comes with a sophisticated high-temperature limit and consistent control
- It is very expensive
It is a ceramic valve, which is able to stay clean even after a long period. It has tight control of the water flow.
The valve body is made of durable brass material. This ceramic valve resists debris and hard water buildup.
- This is a one-piece ceramic valve
- It features an ergonomic handle rotation for easier water control
- Includes an efficient diverter function
- It is a solid brass product
- It Is not compatible with many normal showers
This product features diverter functions for bathtubs and shower combos. It comes with several great designs that are easily compatible with any showers.
The shower valve includes back to back capability along with universal fitting. It allows an easy change in shower function.
- Delta Faucet Multichoice Universal has the feature of keeping the water temperature at +/- 3 degrees Fahrenheit
- It has a one-piece valve body, which is good for back-to-back installation
- It can only be used for rough-ins
- It is very heavy to handle
This product is available with mounting brackets and copper sweat ports. It also features a four-port diverter valve and has three outlets which are made from solid brass material. It can connect three shower systems at a single time.
The shower valve includes 8 position valve channels, which flows water to one, two or all three shower systems. The mounting bracket is included with the basic product package.
- This valve can support a total of three shower systems at a single time
- It also features the eight-position channel for all three shower outlets
- Comes with ½ inch IPS sweat ports along with mounting brackets
- Danze Single Handle Shower Diverter Valve can be used only with D5608 trim kits
- It is also an expensive product
These are some famous shower brands also there are a lot of products are available which can also be able to help the users to fulfill their needs.
Best Shower Valve Ultimate Buying Guide and Tips
There are multiple famous shower brands available in the market which can also be able to fulfill our needs. Below are some tips to consider before buying a shower valve.
Types of Shower Valve
There are different types of shower valves are available:
- Pressure Balancing Valve
- Thermostatic Valve / Thermostatic Mixing Valve
- Diverter Valve or A Transfer Valve
It is very important for us to learn about the differences in shower valves as each type of shower valve has its own pros and cons.
Understanding the basic differences will help us to make our choice easily while choosing or remodeling showers brands and also we can be able to fix minor problems without any hassle.
- Pressure Balancing Valve
It is the most common type of best shower valve rough-in used in our homes. This pressure balancing valve has a single control and a handle.
Just after turning the tap on the water comes out at the same force. For making the water warmer one just have to turn the knob towards left.
And by turning the knob towards right one can get colder water. This valve sometimes also includes a shower tub diverter valve.
By adjusting the built-in volume control knob the users can be able to adjust the spray speed as per their requirement. The pressure balancing best shower valves always controls the water temperature to maintain the hot water supply in the system.
- Thermostatic Valves
It is the second most popular type of shower valve. It has an inbuilt thermostatic system which maintains the temperature of the water and also allows its users to have better control over water temperature than the previous type of valve.
The user can control the water temperature even before turning on the water. This valve includes a temperature dial that allows its users to control the temperature even before turning the water on.
This thermostatic valve eliminates the problems caused by fluctuation in the temperature.It also includes a separate volume control system for every water outlet.
The volume control usually controls the amount of water coming from each outlet. So the users can be able to enjoy a customized shower experience as per their requirement.
- Diverter Valve
It is used as a combination of shower and bath units. By controlling it the user can able to control the water flow.
Water only flows out of either the tub spout or the showerhead if the diverter valve is working properly.
How thermostatic valves work
It controls the mixing ratio of hot and cold water and also adjusts itself according to the heat of the water. There are main 4 elements inside the valve.
- The thermostatic element is the sensitive part of the valve. This element is sensitive to the temperature of the water flowing through it. It can increase or reduce in size and it is connected with the piston.
- Piston’s work starts when the thermostatic element expands with the increase in heat. The piston will then move across the entry portal of hot and cold water flows. And it maintains the constant temperature of the water by reducing the amount of hot water and by increasing the amount of cold water.
- Return spring works just in the opposite way to the piston. When the thermostatic element starts decreasing then the return spring will move the piston back across the entry portal of water flow. And automatically it will increase the hot water flow and will decrease the cold water flow and will maintain the constant temperature of the water.
- Temperature control is the temperature control inbuilt dial. The best thermostatic shower properties are the reason to choose these. By using the dial user can adjust the temperature of water flow even before starting the water flow.
How the pressure-balancing valve works ?
A pressure balancing valve maintains the balance outlet of water from the hot and cold side. This valve has a diaphragm inside the body that reacts in the pressure of incoming water supply (hot or cold) and adjusts the outflow of the opposite water supply.
It maintains the temperature between the workflow of hot and cold water. It comes with single, double and three handle varieties.
How to choose a perfect shower valve ?
If you are planning to re-modify or installing a new shower then you must have to spend some time to understand the factors of choosing the perfect shower valve. It will help you to find out a perfect shower valve as per your needs and requirements in the long term.
- Choose between thermostatic or manual
Shower valve is available in two types either thermostatic or manual. Now we have to choose the best shower valve from these two. The difference between these two is very simple. The thermostatic valve contains an inbuilt device which controls the water temperature if it goes above a certain pre-defined temperature. A perfectly configured thermostatic shower valve assures a perfect bath by maintaining proper water temperature. The manual shower valve is very commonly used in homes. It has to be operated manually. If you don’t have the problem of fluctuating water temperature then the manual valve is the best choice.
Shower valves may contain controls anywhere from 1 to 3, where a few control defines a better degree of fine control over water pressure and temperature. 1st control will use it for hot water flow, cold water flow, and water pressure. 2nd one controls will use one for controlling the temperature and 3rd one will control the water pressure. Shower valve with 3 controls will be used for those showers, which have multiple outlets. The best delta shower valve with 3 controls will be used for those showers, which have multiple outlets. Where one is used for pressure and another one for controlling the temperature and the last one will control the selection of outlet.
Shower valve may also contain 1 to 3 outlets. who makes the best shower valves? 1 outlet shower valve only contains the showerhead. Multiple outlets may help you out in various ways like you can attach a hand shower or body jets with it. As per the personal preference the user can choose the number of outlets for a shower valve.
One must have to go for a 3way shower valve which best suits their budget along with fulfilling their needs.
No matter what kind of shower someone has but the best shower valve will always help to regulate the flow of water and that process gives a nice shower as a result.
A shower valve is a small part that connects the two pipelines of hot water flow and cold water flow. The valves are responsible for continuously checking and adjusting the water temperature so that the user will get the desired nice shower.
Valves are the basic required parts of any shower. It is an unseen part but it continuously maintains the water temperature. Also, a valve works as a protective wall against the scalding or freezing due to water temperature.
There are several good brands and products are available for shower valves. But one needs to take care of the durability and usage of the product. If the product fits the budget too along with fulfilling the requirements and durability then it is the best choice for your bathroom, which will give you a desired nice shower as the result.
You can checkout: