Enjoying with your family and friends in a pool is the most satisfying feeling ever. Especially when summer is near, it’s high time to make your pool ready for wild parties. But the bitter truth is, cleaning your pool is a tedious and time-consuming process. However, if you wish to reduce your stress, then we’re going to introduce the best in ground pool cleaners.
If you’re trying to save your pool by covering it, then you’ll fall short as dirt and debris easily find their way to the pool. So it’s better to invest in some top in-ground pool cleaners.
In-ground pool cleaners will ease this frustrating cleaning job. All you need to do is pick the right model. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of pool cleaners available in the market that could put you in a big confusion. Thankfully, we have shortlisted seven Best in-ground pool cleaners for our buyers.
For newbies, we’ll include a detailed buying guide that will surely help you in buying the right inground pool cleaner for your place. So without making any more delay, let’s get straight into it.
Top-7 Best In-Ground Pool Cleaners:
1.)Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner:
This Dolphin Premier is our number 1 in-ground pool cleaner for numerous reasons. Whether it’s the filtration system, navigation, cleaning ability, or convenience, Dolphin Premier is a clear winner. It comes with a 60-foot long cable, made from thermoplastic rubber. This reduces frictional drag and promotes the better movement of the cleaner. Dolphin Premier is a high-end robotic pool cleaner that will easily clean pools up to 50 feet in just hours. What’s so special about this robot? Let’s find out.
● SmartNav Mapping System- This SmartNav software scans your entire pool and selects the best route to ensure optimal cleaning. It also makes sure that the cleaner doesn’t enter already cleaned spots. Thus, it saves time and energy.
● Swivel Cable – Dolphin Premier has an anti-tangle swivel that can rotate 360-degrees when the robot moves around the pool. It provides a continuous hassle-free cleaning experience.
● Swappable Filter Media – For various cleaning needs, one can swap out the filter cartridge media easily. Here, you get four different filter options: a micro-cartridge, standard cartridge, permanent debris bag, and disposable debris bag.
● Rubber Tracks – Instead of wheels, this Dolphin Premier uses HyperGrip continuous rubber tracks for a firmer grip. It allows the robot to climb along vertical walls and steps steadily.
● PowerClean Brushes – This pool cleaner comes with dual scrubbing brushes whose job is to kick away small debris and algae from your pool. Within just 3 hours, it can clean your entire pool’s surface, walls, and steps.
- It has an anti-tangle swivel cord
- Glows an LED light indicator when the dirtbag is full
- Ideal for in-ground pools up to 50 feet
- Includes a 60 foot long power cord
- It comes with an impressive 3-years warranty
- High-end model, not affordable for every buyer
- One of the most heavy robotic pool cleaners
Who Should Consider Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner?
Dolphin Premier is a highly functional robotic pool cleaner available in the market. However, it has more superior performance and functionality than the other Dolphin pool cleaners included in our list. Dolphin Premier is the tool made for those buyers who can’t compromise with the quality and cleaning performance. Whereas, if you’re a budget buyer, then please don’t consider Premier Robotic.
2.) Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner:
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is an advanced, lightweight, and most feature-rich pool cleaner. It can easily clean your pool up to 50 feet within 2 hours. This vacuum Congress with a 60-foot long, anti-tangle power cord for better operation. Another vital point about Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is, it’s eight times more energy-efficient than the pressure cleaners. For your peace of mind, it also comes with an extended 2.5-year warranty. Overall, a fabulous in-ground pool cleaner for 2020.
● Clever Clean Technology – This system uses onboard sensors to scan the entire pool and find out the best possible (fastest) way to clean the whole pool. Also, it can look for any obstacle to sink in the pool and avoid them.
● Dual-layered filtration – Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus has double-layer filtration: one for smaller debris, and other for larger debris. It saves time and helps users to get back to the job quickly.
● Anti-tangle Swivel – This model comes with a patented 360°, a tangle-free power cord that rotates along with the device. There’s a floating buoy that keeps the power cord away from the robot.
● Active Scrubbing Brushes – This robotic pool cleaner has two rubber bladed brushes: one at the front and other at the rear. Its smaller mesh-pattern ensures proper cleaning, including small and big debris.
● Scheduler – Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus has a 3-setting weekly cleaning mechanism. You can program it to clean your pool once, twice, or thrice a week. It can be quickly done by pressing 1, 2, or 3 on the remote. After a 2-hour cleaning cycle, the robot will enter standby mode.
- Equips the faster water release mechanism
- Features wall climbing and scrubbing mechanism
- It has a wide area of cleaning range
- It has a tangle-free swivel cable
- Two-different filters for effective cleaning
- Costs a little higher
- It may not collect large debris sometimes
Who Should Consider Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus?
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is a highly functional device loaded with lots of incredible features. Once you invest in this device, you’ll have a convenient pool cleaning experience. If your pool size is 50 feet or less, then Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus will be a great option. So measure your pool size and bring this Dolphin your home.
3.) Hayward W3PVS20JST Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner:
This Hayward W3PVS20JST Poolvergnuegen is a well-designed pool cleaner launched with some useful patented features for effective cleaning. It has a 2-wheel drive, which can clean pools of up to 16 feet by 32 feet. In terms of specifications, this Hayward Poolvergnuegen weighs 16.65 pounds and comes with the dimensions of 38.4 x 11.6 x 9.9 inches. Overall, it is another top contender for the best in-ground pool cleaner.
● Self-Adjusting Turbine Vanes – This patented feature ensures to deliver maximum power at any flow. Also, it makes the tool eligible to deal with significant debris. Moreover, you don’t need to reset it again and again. Just leave it, and you’ll get your pool clean.
● Patented Tire Treads – Hayward W3PVS20JST uses patented robust tire treads, which ensures improved climbing ability. It allows the cleaner to climb up easily and down the surface. Also, they’re useful in passing through any obstacle in the way.
● Steering System – This suction vacuum comes with an excellent pre-programmed internal steering system. It allows effective cleaning of the entire pool considering every corner.
● 3 Interchangeable Throats – Proper regulation of water flow is always essential. Thanks to its three different throats that allows you to replace the throats when the water pressure is low or dealing with large debris.
● Patented Adjustable Roller Skirts – It is another notable feature that maintains optimal suction for effective cleaning even at uneven surfaces. It is also useful while dealing with obstacles.
- A long 32 feet hose
- It comes with self-adjusting turbine vanes
- It features 3 interchangeable throats
- Provides high suction speed
- Good customer service post-purchase
- Some technical knowledge is required to operate
- It doesn’t scrub waterline
Who Should Consider Hayward W3PVS20JST Poolvergnuegen?
Patented features are always worthy as they are missing on other models. Similarly, Hayward Poolvergnuegen comes with the self-adjusting turbine vanes for maximum power and tackling large debris. So if you conduct wild pool parties at your place and searching for a capable suction vacuum, then you should not miss the deal.
Check Out: Best carpet cleaner for pets
4.) Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner:
This Dolphin Nautilus CC is another automatic cleaner included in our best in-ground pool cleaner review. It is a highly capable robot that can effectively clean pools up to 33 feet in just 2 hours. The model weighs only 14 pounds, which makes it easy to manage that even your kids can operate this Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic. This pool cleaner helps you very much in pool automation.
Pool Cleaner. Overall, it’s another top-notch pool cleaner for your swimming pool.
● Clever Clean Technology – It uses various algorithms that quickly scan your entire pool and calculate its measurements. The cleaner follows an efficient path to clean the entire pool in just 2 hours. It saves time and delivers valuable results.
● Active Brushing – Dolphin Nautilus CC is designed with a single powerful active brush. It is useful while scrubbing dirt thoroughly, even from the hard surfaces. The brush moves fast and makes sure no dirt is left behind.
● Top-Loading Filter – This pool cleaner uses single-level filtration that can be accessed from the top of the robot. The filter is very easy to clean. You have to rinse it with water and place it back in the position.
● Energy Efficient – A device that consumes more electric units is of no use. Thankfully, Dolphin Nautilus CC is an energy-efficient pool cleaner that costs around 5 cents per hour(on an average).
● Scheduling – This pool cleaner can be programmed to perform cleaning in 3 settings: every day, every second day, and every third day.
- You’ll be ready to use the pool in just 2 hours
- Ideal for pools measuring up to 33 feet
- It can scan your entire pool for effective cleaning
- Operates quickly and efficiently
- Lightweight design makes it easy to use
- It offers only one filtration type
- A slightly shorter power cord
Who Should Consider Dolphin Nautilus CC?
Dolphin is a popular name among the pool owners, providing high-quality cleaning solutions for more than 35 years. Earlier in this article, we’ve mentioned Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus (higher version with more capabilities) that costs around $800. So if you’re a Dolphin fan and looking for a smaller variant, then Dolphin Nautilus CC is the best option for you. It costs around $600 and is ideal for pools up to 33 feet.
5.) Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Automatic Pool Cleaner:
Zodiac Baracuda G3 is another automatic pool cleaner which is known for its affordability and efficiency. It is quiet, but very powerful to suck small to medium-sized debris from the bottom, steps, and sides of your pool. This device uses highly durable cables that prevent the pool’s bottom from scratches or scuffs. In terms of specs, this pool cleaner weighs 18.16 pounds which is not the lightest, but manageable. Overall, It’s an excellent option for budget buyers.
● Long-Life Diaphragm – Zodiac Baracuda G3 has only one moving component, no need to spend bucks on worn-out parts. Also, it doesn’t own any gears, wheels, or gadgets that ensures minimal maintenance and silent operation.
● 36-fin Disc – There is a 36-point connection between the cleaner and the pool for improved adhesion to the surface. It contributes to high-performance cleaning and reduces hang-ups from lights and fittings.
● FlowKeeper Valve – This pool cleaner uses a FlowKeeper valve whose job is to regulate water flow automatically. It is useful when the water pressure drops. Thereby, it ensures high performance even with lower hp pumps.
● Wheel Deflector – This is a handy feature for enhanced mobility around compact corners. It prevents the pool cleaner from getting stuck and promotes uninterrupted cleaning.
● Quick-Release Cassette – Zodiac G3 features a patented quick-release cassette for easy access to the diaphragm. It allows you to perform regular maintenance.
- Includes a 39 ft. feed hose
- It has a quiet, noise-free operation
- It’ll last for many years
- Capable of removing dirt of every size
- You don’t have to spend much on its maintenance
- Some difficulties while reaching shallow corners
- Not suitable to use at pool liners
Who Should Consider Zodiac Baracuda G3?
Zodiac Baracuda G3 has always been a popular choice among automatic pool cleaner users. The most attractive point of this automatic pool cleaner is its affordable price tag. So if you’re looking for an affordable automatic pool cleaner, then Zodiac Baracuda G3 is a good option. Moreover, if you’re planning to invest in a model that doesn’t make a loud noise while its operation, then Zodiac G3 will be your pick again.
6.) Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner:
This Pentair Kreepy Krauly is a secure entry in our best in-ground pool cleaners. Beginning with this pool cleaner is no rocket science. All you’ve to do is attach the hose and let the cleaner do the rest. This model is readily available in an appealing color combination of grey and black. When compared with other models, this cleaner scrubs and vacuums in a perfect manner, although it’s a great device to consider.
● SmartTrac Steering System – Pentair GW9500 comes with an integrated pre-programmed steering mechanism. It provides better navigation to the cleaner for effective and continuous cleaning around pool obstacles.
● Bristle-Drive Mechanism – A unique technique with the oscillating vortex design ensures optimized cleaning of small and large debris. However, it is not the quickest.
● UniDapt Telepole Adapter – It is useful when the cleaner misses any spot, and you’ve to remove stubborn dirt from a particular spot. Also, it is beneficial when users need to speed up the cleaning process.
● 15″ Cleaning Path – This model has a rectangular 15-inch path that cleans a wide range of surfaces within minimal time. It is usable for various specialty surfaces like gunite, vinyl, fiberglass, and many more.
● Agile Turning Mechanism – No dirt will be left behind with its unique turning mechanism that ensures better mobility and navigation. The pool cleaner performs well, even in hard-to-reach areas.
- It has a wide cleaning path for quick operation
- It can tackle large debris
- It utilizes the SmartTrac steering technology
- Capable of cleaning other specialty surfaces as well
- It features a turning mechanism to clean tricky areas
- Difficult to operate with pool steps
- You may need to adjust the settings
Who Should Consider Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly?
Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly is a popular suction side pool cleaner that ensures optimized cleaning with its striking features. If you’re looking for a pool cleaner that doesn’t require any assembling, then Pentair GW9500 will be a great option. Moreover, if you’ve to deal with tough stains, then its bristle drive will make the job possible. So, note down your requirements and make a smart decision.
Tip: Best pressure washer for cars
7.) Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner:
Zodiac MX6 is another popular in-ground suction side pool cleaner, known for its immense suction power and high performance. All the buyers looking for the best in-ground pool cleaners should take a look at this model at least once. It offers wall climbing ability, easy assembling, and effective cleaning opportunities to the users. Moreover, it’s an energy-efficient pool cleaner that will not harm your pocket.
● Cyclonic Suction – Zodiac MX6 has an integrated turbine blade that provides cyclonic suction to remove dirt and debris from the bottom, walls, and edges of your pool. It performs much like a robotic cleaner that climbs walls, and stairs for thorough cleaning.
● Swivelling Hoses – It is one of the key features that allow users to connect the device in no time. So, Zodiac MX6 is an easy to assemble tool with no effort.
● MX Flow Regulator – It comes with a flow regulator valve whose job is to maintain the water flow. Technically, a pump with at least 25 gallons per minute will be sufficient to work with MX6. This also makes it an energy-efficient cleaner.
● Grip Handle – User’s convenience is always necessary. Thankfully, Zodiac MX6 comes with an ergonomically designed handle for better grip and control. You’ll face no difficulties while carrying the cleaner.
● Internal Sensors – For better maneuverability, the Zodiac MX6 uses internal sensors to ensure easy movement and turn the pool cleaner.
- It can climb pool walls up to the waterline
- Includes a grip handle for your convenience
- Highly energy-efficient
- Generates an immense amount of power
- Easy to clean and doesn’t waste your time
- Sometimes, it may get clogged up with large debris
- It has only one-directional gear
Who Should Consider Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner?
Once you buy Zodiac MX6 for your pool, you’ll get satisfying results guaranteed. Not just one, there are several reasons to go with Zodiac MX6. This model is specially made for buyers looking for a suction side pool cleaner that is energy-efficient, portable, durable, and has wall climbing ability. There are robotic vacuum pool cleaners available in the market, but still, some people prefer suction pool cleaners.
Types Of In ground Pool Cleaners:
1. Robotic Pool Cleaners:
Robotic pool cleaners are the most advanced, superior, and intelligent pool cleaners available. They are known for their excellent cleaning performance and a bunch of convenient features.
It consists of an electric motor and a power cord that runs on a 12V power source. Users can program these robots and drop them in water to finish the job. However, this type of pool cleaners is quite expensive but worth every single buck.
2. Suction-Side Pool Cleaners:
This type of in-ground pool cleaners is the simplest, attached to the suction line of the pool. They use suction pressure from the pool’s pump to tackle dirt and debris. Thankfully, they’ve very few moving parts that don’t demand high maintenance.
Moreover, they can quickly move high on the side of the pool. So if you’re a newbie, suction side pool cleaners are good to begin with. Since the pump is the key to these cleaners, you may have to pay higher electricity bills.
3. Pressure Side Pool Cleaners:
As the name suggests, this type of pool cleaners uses the existing pressure of your pool system pump line. This power-up the cleaner wheels and provide sufficient suction to intake dirt and debris.
Pressure side cleaners have their filter bags (like robotic pool cleaners). However, you’ve to clean them quite frequently. They also use your pool’s pump so that the electricity bill will be a concern once again.
Things To Consider Before Buying an Inground Pool Cleaner:
Size of the pool:
Every buyer should ask a question before looking for an in-ground pool cleaner, “what is your pool size?” If you bought a pool cleaner that works only for small pools, then you can’t use it for bigger pools. So, you’ve to be careful while investing.
If you own a medium to the large-sized pool, we recommend you go with an pool automation system. They’re relatively more costly but worth buying.
Surface of the pool:
Every pool has different surfaces. Most of them are made of tiles, concrete, and other materials as well. We suggest all our buyers check the surface of their pool before buying an in-ground pool cleaner.
Once you’re done, make sure that the pool cleaner you’re planning to buy is capable of cleaning your pool’s surface. It would help if you didn’t regret post-purchase, so make a smart decision.
Most of the people don’t pay much attention to filters while buying a pool cleaner. If yes, then you’re committing the biggest mistake. Most of the suction side cleaners depend on your pool’s filtration system. But if you don’t want to trouble your pool’s filtration, then look for a pool cleaner with its own filtration system.
Pressure-side pool cleaners have their own filter bag, while robot pool cleaners feature their own filtration system. The quality of filters used with pressure-side and robotic pool cleaners significantly affects the device performance. So, you can’t skip this factor.
Ability to climb walls:
Some of the pool cleaners are capable of cleaning only the pool surface. It means you’ve to manually clean the pool walls with the help of a regular brush. Walls are quite fond of dirt and algae, so you can’t skip the process.
If you have a small-sized pool, then you may manage to clean the walls manually. But for medium or large-sized pools, we always recommend looking for a pool cleaner with wall climbing ability. It is clearly mentioned in the specs/features of a model, so you don’t have to research separately.
We’re quite sure that you’re aware of the importance of in-ground pool cleaners by now. Having the best in-ground pool cleaner makes sure that your pool remains free of dirt and debris. Overall, in-ground pool cleaners are the most convenient gadgets we’ve ever come across.
In this review, the eye-catching model is the Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner. This device comes with a lot of incredible features that make your cleaning experience super-efficient. So if you’re looking for a robotic pool cleaner, Dolphin Premier will be a great option. However, if you’ve to save money, then you may also consider Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus or Dolphin Nautilus CC Pool Cleaner.
For buyers with a limited budget, we would suggest Zodiac MX6 Suction Side Pool Cleaner for them. It has got a cyclonic suction, grip handle, and many more essential functions.
So, that’s all for now. Hopefully, we’ve helped you in finding a perfect in-ground pool cleaner for your swimming pool. Keep Cleaning! Keep Supporting!
Leave a Reply