When you are in camping, it is necessary for you to have a good and comfortable sleep. Because night rest is necessary for the next day camping. For good sleep, one of the most important thing that we need to have is a best camping pillow.
In this article, we will know all about the best campaign pillow.
Here we will discuss various features, uses, pros, and cons of some best camping pillows.
Table of Contents
- 9 Best Backpacking And Camping Pillow
- 1. Sea to Summit Aeros Premium Pillow – Best Camping Pillow Overall
- 2. Wellax Ultra-Light Pillow – Inflatable Backpacking Pillow
- 3. Trekology Ultra-Light Pillow – Ergonomic Pillow For Nack & Lumbar Support
- 4. Coop Home Goods Pillow – Best Compressible Camping Pillow
- 5. Wise Owl Outfitters Pillow – Best Compact Camping Pillow
- 6. Therm-a-Rest Pillow – Best Backpacking Pillow
- 7. Sierra Designs DriDown Pillow
- 8. Klymit Luxe – Perfect Camping Pillow
- 9. Nemo Fillo Elite – Great Backpacking And Camping Pillow
- Buying Guide Of Best Camping Pillow And Backpacking Pillow
- Frequently Asked Questions
9 Best Backpacking And Camping Pillow
Let us have a look at best backpacking pillow:
Compact inflatable pillows will give you a comfortable sleep. A luxurious high-performance pillow without weight and volume. Perfect for traveling and camping where you can risk a couple more grams for a great night’s sleep. It is supported by a high strength TPU bladder.
- Good for side and back sleepers.
- It provides a night of good sleep and provides a good mooring with no pain and no stiffness.
- This pillow is the most comfortable pillow found in the entire inflatable pillow. Hence, it is one of the topmost options for the best backpacking pillow.
- Size of the pillow when it is inflated is 13.4 × 9.4 × 4.3 inch Whereas when we pack it, it gets compacted up to 3.3 × 2.8 inch.
- Inflatable amount of air required is 2.8 oz. (regular size).
- There are two sizes available. (A. Regular, B. Large)
- Provides a great smooth feeling.
- It is converted to a very small size after packing
- Has an ultra-light design
- The firmness of the pillow can be adjusted as per the need.
- Provides great support and comfort to the neck as well as to the head
- Washing is difficult. We cannot wash it in the machine also.
The Wella ultra-light pillow guarantees the best neck and head support for back sleepers, lateral and stomach. It is built with a strong, durable, waterproof elastic TPU fabric. Whether you’re doing backpacks with your family, camping over the weekend, climbing mountains or just needing lumbar support, this is the best air pillow!
- It is 16 × 12 × 4 inches in size when it is inflated whereas
5 × 2 inches when it is packed.
- The inflatable amount of air is 2.75 oz.
- It gives a rich look due to its logo of well as.
- Very small in size that you can keep it in your pocket after packing it.
- It supports our neck and spine and provides comfortable sleep.
- Very soft and Machine washable
- We get a sleeping mask in a bonus.
- Small in size
- Very comfortable
- It is cheap in rate and hence very affordable
- Available in multiple colors
- Pillow has a lifetime warranty for its all manufacturing defects
- Sometimes its small size becomes a disadvantage for the users.
This backpacking pillow can easily be carried in your backpack or pocket for easy access. Comfortable and ergonomic design for a night of good night sleep. The pillow is contoured to fully support the head so you can sleep well and leave the entire uniform inflated up to 16 x 12 x 4 inches, which is the right size as a pillow or as back support.
- Reasonable in price
- Small in size
- Made up of SLIP-Resistant Material
- When inflated its size is 16 × 12 × 4 inches whereas when it is packed it compacts to 5 × 2 inches
- It is inflatable up to 2.75 oz of air
- Available in many colors
- Provides good support for the neck
- It has a push-button valve
- Easy to Inflate and Deflate
- We cannot wash it and hence we cannot use it after a time if you like hygiene
It provides softness, breathability and the ability to mold low pillows and viscoelastic foam support. Viscoelastic strips foam technology.
This technology allows each user to mold the pillow to their liking to be as comfortable as possible, whether they sleep on their backs, sideways or upside down. It keeps you cool.
Our soft bamboo polyester blend fabric is designed to help regulate the temperature and maintain the sheath.
- Good for breathing
- It provides comfortable sleep and good support to the neck and spine.
- Preferable for all sleeping positions
- Comes with five-year guarantee
- It is 19 × 14 × 4 inches when you uncompressed it. However, after compressing the size becomes 10 × 6 inches (compressed)
- The compressible amount of air is 36 oz
- It is one of the best selling out of the product
- It is one of the best of all for support and comfort
- Compact and easily packable
- Easily washable in the machine
- Highly compressible
- Highly recommended by users
- Some problems are there due to its bad smell, which goes out after a time.
Wise Owl Outfitters Camping pillow is a Compressive foam pillow. You can use it when you sleep in the car, travel by plane, hammock Bed and camp. Both adults and children can use it. It is available in both small and large compact size.
- Size of an uncompressed pillow is 6 × 12 × 4 inch whereas after compressing the size becomes 9 × 6 inch
- It is compressible until 9 oz, a very small size
- It is very much fluffy
- Comes with a bag to store it
- 4 Inches thickness is there
- Good level of comfort and support
- Good support and great comfortability.
- It has a bonus bag to store it.
- We have color options for this pillow
- It can wash in a machine easily.
- Its extra lumpiness in the first time provides discomfort.
Smaller packages expand larger. This compressible comfort Pillow is the ideal size for camping, road trips, and air travel. Packs to one-fifth of its normal size; expands to full size instantly. Earth-smart padding consists of the remains bits and pieces of the high-quality foam pads used for the Therm-A-Rest sleep construction.
- It is 18 × 14 × 4 inches when uncompressed but the size changes to 14 × 5 inches on compressing it
- Compressible up to 9 oz.
- Best in price
- High level of comfort and support
- It has an adequate thickness
- This is the best pillow for side sleepers
- It has many color and size options
- We can easily wash it in the machine
- It provides great support and it is highly comfortable
- Reasonably price is the impressive point
- Highest reviewed by the customers
- It is a little lumpy, and to decrease it you need to wash it.
- It is generally big
There are not many down pillows on the market, but Sierra Designs DriDown Pillow is one of the leading models and with good reason that provided great comfort and flexibility. It is mix up of three component that matches perfectly and fulfill your needs. Backpackers looking for a superlight option on the trail can make it even smaller and lighter by putting down the inner pillow and filling the outer cover with clothing.
- It packs surprisingly small and light at 5.8 ounces for its size.
- Composition: It consists of an inner and an outer shell, the first of which is filled with polyester, the latter being filled with 650-filling power PFC-Free Dropdown.
- It’s a bit on the thin side compared to what some like and tends to be the best for stomach sleepers.
- Its hydrophobic finish allows your sweat to escape while preventing snow or rain from entering.
- Compared to the regular down, DriDown can retain 34% more loft, even when it comes in contact with moisture or moisture.
- Lifetime Manufacturer warranty
- It may tend to slip out of bed under slumbering heads if you don’t have a hooded sleeping bag.
Klymit Luxe is a luxury pillow at non-luxury prices which is a favorite combination for everyone. It offers decadent sleep for a price that’s cheaper than a few on this list. It starts off looking chic (we see these tufted buttons), but it’s the sleep you get that is truly a luxury. It’s one of the heavier on our list at 6.2 ounces but packed in a 3-inch 7-inch bag.
- Very Easy to Inflate
- Softness and Comfortable
- Perfect for any position
- It has a breezy polyester
- The hybrid design of the pillow covers a layer of inflatable support
- It holds your head nice for supportive sleep.
- The outer material is also very soft – no scratchy nylon.
- Removable and washable: the synthetic cover is removable and machine washable.
- Internal antimicrobial coating: inhibits the growth of mold and bacteria inside the pillows and prevents odors and material damage.
- It’s almost as big as your pillow at home once inflated.
The Nemo Fillo Elite pillow is close to the real thing and not just because it’s super comfortable. We love the cotton-polyester jersey fabric that covers the pillow, which is a welcome change from the nylon and microfibre covers we see on so many other backpack cushions and the pajama-like stripes are also cute.
- Compact design as its 4″ x 6″ when packed
- Weighing in at just 2.8 ounces.
- The lower half of the pillow is inflatable
- Integrated stuff sack which protects the surface from dust
- Combination of luxury foam with air insulation
- Machine Washable
- Smaller than orange so it will not cause problems on the trail.
- One can simply remove the pillowcase to wash it in the machine.
- Ideal for indoor use or even keeping it in your pocket for an emergency.
- TPU bladder offers a superior cushion with tiny package sizes.
- Make some sound when changing sleeping position
Buying Guide Of Best Camping Pillow And Backpacking Pillow
It is a very common question asked by people, that how they can select the best camping pillow?
Here we will look at some of the tricks and tips to choose the best camping pillow.
So first we will see on what points we should pay attention to selecting the best camping pillow.
Features Of The Best Camping Pillow:
1. Small in size
2. Supportive and comfortable
3. Washable easily
4. Reasonable in price
Types of the Pillow:
There are three types of campaign and backpacking pillow.
Let us know about them in detail:
1. Inflatable Camping Pillow:
the pillow contains air inside it. It is generally light in weight due to the air. Besides, is compact. It is less in price in comparison to the other two but on the other hand, it provides less comfortability too. There are two choices in this. The pillow can be
I. Self- inflating
II. Manual inflating
2. Compressible Camping Pillow:
It is one of the most comfortable pillows of all three. The disadvantage of this pillow is that it is heavy. It gives the feeling of the home pillow. The difference in the home pillow and this campaign pillow is of size. A camping pillow is a bit smaller in size. It is up to you if you want to carry a bit of weight for your comfort or not.
3. Hybrid Camping Pillow:
Hybrid form its word only tells that it is a mixture of two things. Yes, a hybrid pillow carries the benefit of both above, inflatable and compressible. It is easy to carry. Provide great comfort. It gives us good sleep. Its rates are also worth it. There are many options available in this pillow.
How to choose the best camping pillow?
See if you are going for a camping tour, you must look for a comfortable and supporting pillow. Means in camping tour, we cannot carry much weight, space is less and you cannot carry a huge size of the pillow. We need to avoid this all.
Therefore, you must concentrate on comfortability.
After the whole day doing camping activities all you need or want a comfortable pillow to keep your head and good sleep.
The pillow must be supported to your head and provide rest to your neck. It must also provide support your spinal cord for good sleep.
On the other hand, if you are going for backpacking tours you need to look after different factors.
If we are on a backpacking tour, the pillow must be light in weight. It is compulsory for a backpacking tour to have a lightweight product only.
Pillow must be very compact so that it does not require huge space because in a backpacking tour we do not have much space in our bag.
Next thing you must focus on what is your sleeping position?
How do you sleep?
Do you sleep flat, or on one side or on o your tummy?
For purchasing the best camping pillow or best backpacking pillow you must focus on this.
Let us know now for which position which pillow is better?
1. People who sleep on one side:
What we require is a pillow where we can keep our hands according to our height. The pillow must have a higher loft. It should have a good thickness to take care of your spine.
2. The person who is a back sleeper:
The best camping or backpacking pillow for the back sleeper is the pillow that is very thin and soft. It helps to keep the neck aligned with the spine.
3. A person who is a stomach sleeper:
They do not need pillow if we think scientifically, but even though if they are habitual so they must have a light weighted, thin pillow. Hey, may also use this pillow down to their stomach. This will help them to save themselves from lower back pain. The best pillow for them is an adjustable pillow.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to wash a camping pillow?
There is a different system for washing different pillows. For washing inflatable pillows that have attached cover is air dry wash or hand wash. The valve must be closed very nicely so that no water goes inside it. The air should not be there inside when you have to wash it. Try to wash it in a little Luke warm water and the detergent must be very mild. Deep it in the water. Scrub the pillow. Rinse it to take out the soap and dry it. The remaining washing information is also given with the product.
How can we store the campaign pillow?
If we want a long life for our campaign pillow, it is suggested that the pillow must be rolled up nicely and the valve for pillow must be open. Pillow must not be stored in a packed r tight place and the valve must not be closed.
Can camping pillow be used as a travel pillow?
Can we use a travel pillow instead of a camping pillow?
Our travel pillow and campaign pillow two different things?
Yes, campaign pillow and travel pillow are not the same. They are two different things. A travel pillow is generally taken for flight, train journeys. A camping pillow is multipurpose. We can use a camping pillow as a travel pillow. However, we cannot use a travel pillow as a camping pillow. Campaign pillows are big in comparison to the travel pillow.